CrisisBench: Benchmarking Crisis-related Social Media Datasets for Humanitarian Information Processing
Description of the dataset
The crisis benchmark dataset consists data from several different data sources such as CrisisLex (CrisisLex26, CrisisLex6), CrisisNLP, SWDM2013, ISCRAM13, Disaster Response Data (DRD), Disasters on Social Media (DSM), CrisisMMD and data from AIDR. The purpose of this work was to map the class label, remove duplicates and provide a benchmark results for the community.
Scripts: source code to run the experiments is available at https://github.com/firojalam/crisis_datasets_benchmarks
Downloads: Labeled data and other resources
Please cite the following papers if you use any of these resources in your research.
- Firoj Alam, Hassan Sajjad, Muhammad Imran and Ferda Ofli, CrisisBench: Benchmarking Crisis-related Social Media Datasets for Humanitarian Information Processing, In ICWSM, 2021. [Bibtex]
- Firoj Alam, Ferda Ofli and Muhammad Imran. CrisisMMD: Multimodal Twitter Datasets from Natural Disasters. In Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM), 2018, Stanford, California, USA.
- Muhammad Imran, Prasenjit Mitra, and Carlos Castillo: Twitter as a Lifeline: Human-annotated Twitter Corpora for NLP of Crisis-related Messages. In Proceedings of the 10th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC), pp. 1638-1643. May 2016, Portorož, Slovenia.
- A. Olteanu, S. Vieweg, C. Castillo. 2015. What to Expect When the Unexpected Happens: Social Media Communications Across Crises. In Proceedings of the ACM 2015 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW '15). ACM, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- A. Olteanu, C. Castillo, F. Diaz, S. Vieweg. 2014. CrisisLex: A Lexicon for Collecting and Filtering Microblogged Communications in Crises. In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM'14). AAAI Press, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
- Muhammad Imran, Shady Elbassuoni, Carlos Castillo, Fernando Diaz and Patrick Meier. Extracting Information Nuggets from Disaster-Related Messages in Social Media. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM), May 2013, Baden-Baden, Germany.
- Muhammad Imran, Shady Elbassuoni, Carlos Castillo, Fernando Diaz and Patrick Meier. Practical Extraction of Disaster-Relevant Information from Social Media. In Social Web for Disaster Management (SWDM'13) - Co-located with WWW, May 2013, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- https://appen.com/datasets/combined- disaster-response-data/
- https://data.world/crowdflower/disasters- on-social-media